Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Unexpected Visitor

Yesterday, I heard a "scritch-scratch" in the laundry room. I had assumed that one of the cats got behind the dryer and was having trouble getting out. Nope, both of them asleep on the couch. So I forgot about the noise. Today, I heard it again. Both cats accounted for. So I climbed on top of the dryer and looked behind it. Nothing - but I heard the noise again. Something was caught in the dryer hose? Gross - maybe there's a mouse in there! Don't want to run the dryer-ew! So when my hubby got home I asked him to check it out. He pulled out the dryer, unhooked the hose, and looked inside. Nothing in the hose except a little lint. Heard the noise again. Something was in the dryer! Hubby looked inside, asked for 2 large bowls and a spatula, poked around and out flew a sparrow! It must have flown in through the dryer vent. It tried to fly out the window. Hubby caught it in between the 2 bowls, and then we set it free!

"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value then they?" Matthew 6:26

3 comments:

erin said...

Wow - what a surprise!

Anonymous said...

Glad it wasn't a mouse!! Monday or Wednesday night works great for us, and Simon's mom and dad were hoping to tag along if that okay with you guys. (I don't think they want to miss any grandkid time!) :) His dad suggested Maggianos Little Italy in Englewood (Denver Tech Center)as a halfway point restaurant if we wanted to get together for dinner. Let me know what sounds good to you!

Shirley said...

I had a bird in my chimney once!!! Aunt Shirley