Wow, how time flies!!!!!
I'll try to catch up a bit...
Dain and I have been spending a lot of time at the pool this summer. For the 2nd half of June, into July we've gone at least 3 times a week. Hot sunny mornings, perfect for the pool, followed by lovely afternoon thunderstorms. Ah, our summer weather has finally returned after a too-long drought! So far Dain and I have some very impressive tans/tan lines. And this is from wearing at least a 30 spf most days.
Poor Jeremy has been going through a lot. He got bronchitis, had to start physical therapy on his shoulder and elbow because of an old injury, and then just had a nasty 12-hr flu bug. Otherwise, he's still working and playing baseball. He's also trying to fit in fishing when he has the time.
Dain and I are currently visiting my friend Jenny, who lives halfway across the country from us. It's been great, since I haven't seen her for 2 years. Yesterday we took Dain to a splash park (he freaked out when the fountains turned on). Last night, while Jenny's husband Max bravely watched Dain (he has a fear of toddler poopy diapers, can't blame him) I went with Jenny to a Brazilian Samba class that she teaches. Yes, I shook my booty. And looked ridiculous doing so. Thankfully, so did everyone else since it is a beginner class and has only been going for a few weeks. And, I did have a lot of fun and got a great workout!
Today we took Dain to the zoo. The morning was gorgeous - not too hot, although a bit stickier that I'm used to (I never have been a fan of humidity).Here's Dain petting a very fat goat at the petting zoo (picture courtesy of Jenny).

I have also been shopping - right here in Jenny's house! :) Jenny is a very talented jewelry designer and makes all of her own jewelry. Each piece is so unique. I've really had to hold myself back from buying everything that I liked. Take a look at her website for Black Rock Design. She has some really beautiful stuff! Needless to say, one or more family members might be getting something pretty and unique for Christmas! :)
Tomorrow we're off to visit my aunt and uncle, who live about 2 hours from here. I'm really looking forward to it. And I think Dain will be fine in the car as long as he gets to watch Nemo for the hundredth time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment