Monday, July 7, 2008

Update on Dain's eyes

I'm sorry - when I was on my soap box I forgot to give the update for Dain's eyes. Good progress has been made with the patching. We usually patch Dain's left eye once a day for as long as he will wear it. This can range from 1 to 4 hours, depending on how much it bugs him. (If we're in the car, forget it!) He is now using his right eye a lot more. The issue now isn't trying to get him to use both eyes equally... now it's to try and get them to stop crossing. If Dain uses his left eye, the right crosses in, and vice verse. Dr. P did mention the "S" word again (surgery) because I think at this point he's starting to think of it as more of a possibility to help Dain to uncross. I'm hoping that we won't have to go that route. After all, Dr. P fixed my eyes without surgery! However, I'm getting the feeling that I wasn't quite as bad as Dain, and I didn't have the problems start as early.
Dain is being such a trooper throughout all of this!!! The only time he complains about wearing glasses or his eye patch is when he's either bored or tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dain is too cute!